魔法手铐 are an 配饰 that increases maximum 魔力 by 20 and restores mana when damaged. Mana restored is equal to the damage of the attack before factoring armor, but will always be at least 10. Therefore, an attack that deals 7 damage while wearing 20 armor (thus having taken 10 points of damage negation) will restore 17 mana. Damage from drowning and 减益 does not trigger this effect, while damage from falling will. The mana restored from damage due to these cuffs will not stack with the mana restored from damage due to the 天界手铐.
The 奥秘 修饰语 adds another 20 mana, totaling to 40 extra mana. Due to its effects, it can remain useful well into Hardmode and is extremely valuable to magic players.
- The Magic Cuffs work extremely well with the 幽灵盔甲, as damage will restore your mana, allowing you to attack more often and thus heal yourself as well as effectively converting damage input into health.
- It works well in boss fights in general, as the constant damage input will keep your mana near-full, allowing you to continuously attack. One must monitor their health while doing so though, as mage-style players tend to have low defense. A 魔力花 should not be used, due to 魔力疾病 undermining your DPS.
- It is recommended when battling 困难模式 enemies, due to their high damage output.
- Having a dart trap in your arena rigged to shoot you will give you back mana if you lack in mana potions. Note that the dart itself may not do much damage, but that spamming the dart trap will slowly kill you, not only from the [small] base damage but also due to the poison if you lack a 牛黄 or other accessory that can negate poison.
- 尖刺s or 木尖刺s can also accomplish this, without the risk of poison.
- Taking damage from 爆破弹s fired rapidly at any nearby hard surface will quickly refill one's mana. The knockback from the explosions can be negated by 抓钩 to this surface or by equipping a 钴护盾 or similar accessory.