- For the biome, see Bee Hive.
The Beehive is a natural trap which spawns over time under jungle grass ceilings of the Jungle and Underground Jungle. When a Beehive is hit, it falls to the ground. Upon impact, it breaks, releasing two or three bees and sometimes a hornet as well.
A player viewing a Bee Hive in the Underground Jungle.
- If the Beehive falls into water, it will not release any bees or hornets.
- Since the bees are spawned at the point of impact with the ground, a long fall can put them far enough from the player to be instantly despawned.
- Beehives are not recoverable, and cannot be placed in inventory.
- Beehives can spawn in water.