Dart Traps are 机关s that fire 中毒 飞镖 when triggered via 电线. The trap does not consume any 弹药, its output being limited only by how frequently it can be triggered, which is a maximum of once every three seconds. Dart Traps are found naturally placed in random areas on the 洞穴 layer, and more frequently in the 地牢, and can be freed and harvested by players with a 镐. They are found wired to 压力板s that trigger when the player or an 敌怪 steps on them.
In order to use harvested Dart Traps, players must wire them to a triggering 机构, which can only be done with tools available from the 机械师 (who can only be found after 骷髅王 is defeated). Dart Traps will be placed facing the direction the player is facing.
- Placing multiple Dart Traps on top of each other in order to shoot more darts will not do damage per dart, but instead only one dart will do damage (unless the timing is staggered significantly).
- Due to the 3-second cooldown period, a 1秒计时器 will still only trigger a firing once every 3 seconds.
- In the 1.3 update, the cooldown period of dart traps is 200 frames (3.333 seconds, or 3 1/3 seconds) long, making a 1秒计时器 only trigger a firing once every 4 seconds.
- In single-player, dart traps benefit from your critical strike chance when used against enemies验证.
- With some planning, Dart Traps can also be used to very quickly harvest entire 蘑菇/发光蘑菇/魔菇/地下丛林 and 草药 (planted on soil) 农场s.
- By switching to a wiring-related item in your 热键栏, such as a Dart Trap or a 扳手, any 电线 on screen will be be visible as red, blue, yellow, or green lines, including the naturally-spawned wires connecting a Dart Trap to its Pressure Plate.
- Alternatively, having the 机械晶状体 or Grand Design will allow you to see wires without switching to a wire-related item, as well as highlight wires in dark places
- Dart Traps do pierce damage, triggering a 1/6th second (10 frames) of invincibility frames on enemies. If an enemy is hit by more than one dart in that time frame, it will only take damage from one dart. Keeping 8 tiles of space between dart traps should guarantee that each dart causes damage
- Dart Traps still fire when actuated. Use an 制动器, and you can place one dart trap behind another easily.
- The tip of the dart spawns one block in front of the dart trap; you can place two dart traps in a row and both will fire without problems.
- Darts travel at precisely 45 blocks per second; if you space two dart traps 180 blocks apart with a 1 second timer, the darts will overlap. Keep this in mind if you're trying to make a continuous dart trap.
- Darts will travel at 1/2 speed in water, and 1/4 speed in honey. Multiple dart traps can be chained together with 青绿压力垫板s to create very precise, repeating timers in relatively compact spaces while in honey. As Dart Traps are fairly common, they can be especially useful when trying to activate statues or other traps as often as possible.
- Darts can fly for up to 60 seconds, at which point they will break as if they had struck a block. At 45 blocks per second, this gives the Dart Trap a maximum range of 2,700 blocks.
- The Dart Trap's graphic resembles a stylized stone head. Traps involving such heads firing darts out of their mouths are a common sight in popular culture, such as the Indiana Jones movies.
- This is one of two reusable traps available prior to 困难模式, along with 喷泉.
- Sprite updated.
- Can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time.
- 126.96.36.199：Fixed bug where traps could critically hit.
- 1.2：Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.