The 霜印剑 is a 困难模式 剑 that fires an "icy bolt" ball projectile when swung, which costs no 弹药 or 魔力. The projectile deals the same amount of damage as the sword itself, is not affected by gravity, and pierces through a single enemy, dissipating on its second hit. The projectile ability has a short cooldown of about 1.5 seconds. The Frostbrand drops from Ice 宝箱怪s in 地下雪原生物群落.
The Frostbrand's projectile also emits a fair amount of light, with a bright burst of light on impact. It is capable of 自动挥舞.
Its best 修饰语 is 传奇.
- While the cooldown is active, you cannot switch items, but you can continue swinging the blade.
- A small particle effect and the mana recharge sound will notify the player of a recharged ice bolt.
- This sword could be considered to be a Hardmode upgrade of the 冰雪刃.
- While the Frostbrand is on cooldown you can't use 荧光棒s or a 信号枪 by using shift. When you try to do so you either swing the glowstick without anything happening or "shoot" with the Flare Gun without any projectile being fired. This sometimes causes the glowstick or 照明弹 to be consumed.
- The Frostbrand is a rather powerful Hardmode sword, even when compared to the 断钢剑: the former is far easier to obtain (since no Hardmode bosses have to be defeated) , added ranged capabilities. It also can be more useful than the 光束剑 in some scenarios, because while the Beam Sword does slightly more damage, Frostbrand's projectile will pierce an enemy, hitting some bosses twice.
- The Frostbrand's projectile is similar to the one fired by the 寒霜法杖 magic weapon, except that the Staff costs 魔力, auto-fires rapidly, has slightly higher velocity, and does slightly less damage.
- The Frostbrand is likely a reference to the D&D weapon of the same name.