- This article is about the AI type. For the critter, see 蠕虫.
蠕虫 AI is an AI type followed mostly by long 敌怪 with multiple segments.
- Can pass through all solid 物块.
- Not affected by 液体s.
- Do not suffer from 击退.
- Drop loot from the head segments (except 毁灭者, who drops loot from the closest segment to the player).
- Worm type creatures have a variable number of body segments. For example, a 吞噬怪 has 8-12 body segments, and a 巨型蠕虫 has 4-6 body segments.
- Worm type creatures always produce a specific sound (besides 血蛭es which, when released from the Wall of Flesh, make no noise) when digging near your location, so in most cases you can not only tell when, but even where will it emerge next - and aim and/or dodge accordingly.
- Weapons that appear to go through blocks, like 矛, hurt worms when going through blocks. This does not happen with most enemies.
- Worms can dig through liquids as though they were solids.
- Any weapon with piercing is highly effective against worms.
- If you use Autopause at the exact moment when a worm is killed, it is possible to see negative numbers when the cursor is hovered over it. This is because, since all segments share the same health, damaging all of them at the same time can lead to the game not realizing that the worm's health is below 0 until after you unpause.
- All segments now share a life counter, instead of individual life counters for all segments. (Except for the 世界吞噬怪)