- 本文是关于the 小动物的。 关于worm-type 敌怪，参见Worm AI。
The 蠕虫 is a 小动物 that spawns 地下, or on the 地表 during 雨. Worms also have a chance to spawn on the surface when the player breaks 石 or dirt piles, or grass, which causes them to fly out. Breaking larger rocks in the background has a high possibility of releasing worms.
They can be caught with a 虫网 and used as 鱼饵 for 钓鱼, and have 25% bait power. Like most Critters, they can also be released or crafted into a 蠕虫笼 to be used as furniture.
Worms (and their golden counterparts) will become stuck in 1-tile holes in the ground, which can allow for easy collection during rains.
- On the 地表, Worms have a 1/400 (0.25%) chance of dropping from short grass, 1/200 (0.5%) chance from tall grass, and 1/6 chance (16.7%) chance from dirt piles. These values are taken from the game code.
- In-game testing seems to demonstrate a general drop rate from any ambient surface grass or plant type (short, tall, pink flower, blue flower, sprite with 1 piece of grass, sprite with 2, etc.) as 4.6%, regardless of time of day.
- Worms will only spawn while it's 雨ing on 草 covered 土 blocks where the rain animation can reach the grass (that is, putting a roof/ceiling over the grass will prevent worms from spawning).
- 1.3.1：Can now be used to craft Worm Statues.
- 188.8.131.52：Can now be used to craft Enchanted Nightcrawlers.
- 1.2.4：Can now be used as 鱼饵. Worms now spawn when breaking rock and dirt piles.