The 蘑菇长矛 is a 困难模式 长矛 that is purchased from the 松露人 for 70 after at least one of the 机械 Bosses has been defeated. When used it will extend the reach of the spear by summoning seven spinning mushrooms that hang in midair. It deals the fourth highest amount of damage out of all spears, beaten only by the 黑曜石剑鱼，恐怖关刀和北极。
- The spinning mushrooms that hang in the air after this item is used are not just a visual effect, as they will deal approximately one-third of weapon damage to any 敌怪 that touches them (also, they are able to deal critical hits). Combined with the 寒霜盔甲 and/or 岩浆石 (or any accessory crafted from it), both the weapon and mushrooms will emit a small amount of light, making the Mushroom Spear extremely useful for exploring underground and checking for nearby caves since the spinning mushrooms penetrate walls.
- Due to the spinning mushroom mechanic, the Mushroom Spear can be used to attack enemies through walls without consuming any 魔力 or 弹药 and without cooldown.
- The area-effect mushrooms last for about a second after spawning, meaning they can hit an enemy after you have retracted the spear.
- The mushrooms have no 击退, so enemies can walk through several of them. If you miss with the spear itself, but they walk into the mushrooms, however, the enemy will probably be able to reach you if you don't dodge or stab again.
- The mushrooms have no "piercing" ability, and disappear after hitting a single enemy.
- Mushrooms appear at the point of the spear at a point during the thrust - mushrooms can be "stacked" on top of one another if you are retreating while thrusting, or spread out further if advancing.
- Now only sold after any of the three Mechanical bosses has been defeated.
- Buy/sell value increased from 45 / 9 to 70 / 14 .