The 荧光虫 is a 小动物 which spawns only in the 神圣 biome. It can be damaged by other mobs including the player, which usually leads to their death.
Lightning bugs spawn during the night but are rarer than 萤火虫. They can be caught with a 虫网 to be carried around and released later, or put inside a 玻璃瓶 to be used as furniture and light source. The bottled lightning bug is animated and moves inside, and cannot be released once crafted.
Lightning Bugs have 35% bait power.
- As for 萤火虫, they may be really useful for fishing due to the large amount that can be caught per night, but in this case the requirements are much higher, reserving them for late game. Indeed they require a farm area with 神圣之地, which is only available on 困难模式, and reduced enemy spawn rate. As normally you want to avoid having your main NPC 房屋 overridden by the Hallow, it is advisable to make a farming area on purpose.
- The spawn rate of the lightning bugs is randomly determined at the beginning of the night. Therefore on some nights you will see massive swarms and on other nights very few will spawn. 蝴蝶 spawn rates are determined in relatively the same way only the chance for that day is determined at the beginning of the day.
- Lightning bugs as well as 萤火虫 spawn at a higher rate on nights during a New Moon.
- They may spawn in huge amounts if the two factors above (correct moon phase and high random daily spawn rate) coincide. Literally hundreds of them can then be farmed in the time of a night.
- Though seems as if it is the firefly version of the 附魔夜行者 (both 35% bait power with similar color changes) but they are not crafted like the enchanted nightcrawler.
- 1.3.1：Can now be used to craft Firefly Statues.
- 1.2.4：Can now be used as bait.