- Not to be confused with the 腐化者, a hardmode enemy.
The 腐化者之戟 is a 困难模式 post-世纪之花 武器 that fires projectiles. It is always found inside the 地牢's 腐化箱 in 腐化 worlds (猩红 worlds do not contain one). A 腐化钥匙 is needed to open the Corruption Chest.
The Scourge of the Corruptor fires a fast javelin head that looks like a small 噬魂怪, then splits into 2-4 smaller Eaters on impact with a solid block or enemy. The mini-eaters have homing capabilities, can travel approximately 700 feet, and ricochet up to 5 times before dissipating, dealing approximately 60% of the weapon's damage each. Both the main projectile and mini-Eaters are unaffected by gravity or non-solid blocks. The mini-eaters have almost no 击退, even with a 泰坦手套 (or one of its upgrades), but in large numbers their combined knockback can potentially keep enemies at bay.
The Scourge is a melee weapon and benefits from 盔甲 and 配饰 that provide melee bonuses, such as 海龟盔甲 and the 烈火手套, as well as the effects of 药剂s.
Its best 修饰语 is 神级.
- Eaters home in on 宝箱怪s and 宁芙s before they become hostile.
- When shot at a one-tile thick wall from the right or below, there is a chance for the Eaters to spawn on the other side of it.
- Both the tiny eaters and the scourge itself get effects from flasks.
- Tiny eaters cannot break cobwebs.
- Tiny eaters do not harm 小动物s.
- This weapon's Crimson counterpart is the 吸血鬼刀.
- Eaters do not home in on players while in PvP.
- When used with the 烈火手套, 岩浆石, or 烈火瓶, it is quite effective at illuminating caves.
- 1.2.3：Damage increased from 57 to 64.
- 18.104.22.168：Eaters now only emit light from the 寒霜盔甲 set when homing in on an enemy.