生物群落宝箱 are 困难模式, post-世纪之花 宝箱s found within the 地牢. Each contains one specific rare, powerful weapon, in addition to other miscellaneous items. While Biome Chests are placed during world creation, they are initially locked and can only be opened with an appropriate 生物群落钥匙, which will only become available in 困难模式.
Only four Biome Chests (one of each type) will spawn in a particular world. Each represents a 生物群落 found in the current world. There are five types of Biome Chests in total, though a world will only contain one of the Crimson or Corruption variant, depending on which of those biomes the world contains.
To open a Biome Chest:
- Kill 世纪之花 to lift the curse from 生物群落钥匙s, allowing the keys to be used. If you have not killed 世纪之花 keys have the inscription "It has been cursed by a powerful Jungle creature".
- Obtain the appropriate 生物群落钥匙 by killing 敌怪 within their respective 生物群落.
- Return to the Dungeon and find the appropriate Chest for the Key you found.
The chests also contain common items depending on the height they were found:
||丰厚战利品 • “用一把特别的钥匙打开地牢中的其中一个神秘大宝箱。”
|Open your first Biome Chest.
- In the 移动版, Frozen Chests are obtainable pre-Hardmode. Unlocked Frozen Chests generate in 心之神龛s, but do not contain a 寒霜九头蛇法杖. Instead, they may contain 拾心药水s, 心形雕像s, 红心灯笼s, 心箭s, a 情人节戒指, or 钱币s.
- Biome Key drops are incredibly rare (1/2500 is the chance of a key dropping from a defeated enemy in a biome). You'll probably need to defeat many thousands of enemies to see one drop. With the right equipment and some time, you can set up a biome key farm or grinder in the biome to get there sooner.
- 126.96.36.199：Biome keys are now dropped instead of key molds. Biome Chests can only be opened after Plantera has been defeated.
- 1.2.1：Biome keys are now crafted with rare hardmode drops.