Cloud generated by Crimson rod and its blood-rain droplet
The 猩红魔杖 is a 魔法武器 that launches a reddish rain cloud towards the cursor, where it rains blood droplets downward onto 敌怪 below. The cloud projectile does not pass through terrain, instead stopping if it hits a surface before it reaches its target location. As well, its coverage area is rather narrow, making it difficult to use in open areas or against agile foes. The droplets pass through all enemies, and the droplets fall for around 20 blocks or until they hit a solid object. Thus, it can be used to great effect against larger foes and clustered enemies, if you can lure them into the rainfall and attack them with another weapon while they are still taking rain damage.
The Crimson Rod can be obtained by destroying 猩红之心s found in the 猩红, but it can also be obtained from 猩红匣s, which are obtained from 钓鱼 in the Crimson.
The Crimson Rod deals no 击退
Its best 修饰语 is 恶魔. 神秘 is also useful, because of the lower mana cost.
- The Crimson Rod is the counterpart to the 腐化's 魔刺, as the Vilethorn is the magic weapon drop from Shadow Orbs and also pierces infinitely many enemies.
- The Crimson Rod can be good at taking out large groups of enemies or 事件s, such as: 哥布林军队, 血月.
- The Crimson Rod can be used for passive farming in the 海洋 if you have the 脚蹼 as well. Simply swim up and down underneath the shower and let enemies come to you. They will try to follow you and get rained on. This works even better if you have a 战斗药水 and the 芦苇呼吸管 or a 水蜡烛.
- If cast downward at a one-tile thick floor, the rain droplets will pass through the floor. This can be useful for attacking enemies without allowing them to reach you.
- The 雨云魔杖 is the upgraded, 困难模式 version of the Crimson Rod.