Living Fire Blocks are 装饰 家具 物块 that, when placed, resemble small animated flames and emit faint orange light. They deal no damage on contact, and can be freed with any 镐. Living Fire Blocks have a 1/50 (2%) chance of being dropped by any 敌怪 killed in the 地狱 during 困难模式, and drop in stacks of 20-50 at a time.
While Living Fire Blocks can be placed in a manner similar to traditional 物块, they are not actually foreground blocks but rather 家具 items. They can attach to each other horizontally as well as vertically, but other traditional foreground block types will not attach to them. Like other furniture objects, Living Fire Blocks have no collision, allowing the player to walk directly through them.
- Living fire blocks could be considered more useful than torches because, besides being easy to farm, they can be placed anywhere and are immune to being displaced by 液体.
- Like 火焰花s and 黑曜石, they are not destroyed when dropped into 熔岩, despite being a White-稀有度 item.
- They will not count as valid light sources or background walls for 房屋s.
- Their placement behavior is similar to 木梁s, except that Wooden Beams can only attach to each other vertically, while Living Fire Blocks can form horizontal arrangements as well. Also, other block types and furniture can be placed on Wooden Beams, but not on Living Fire Blocks, with the exception of platforms. 火把es will also not attach to Living Fire Blocks.
- Living Fire Blocks can be placed in areas submerged by lava.
- 月蛭凝块 and Living Ultrabright Fire Block have the same sprite, but the Clots aren't animated.
- 188.8.131.52：No longer destroyed by lava.