The 沙枪 is a 远程武器 that can use 沙, 珍珠沙, 黑檀沙, or 猩红沙 as its 弹药, which are affected by gravity. When the sand projectile hits any object, it will turn into a clump of Sand Blocks that will gather on the ground.
The Sandgun deals 29 damage, instead of the listed 30, because it uses 沙块s as ammo, which have a default damage value of -1.
When 珍珠沙, 黑檀沙, or 猩红沙 are used as ammo, each have the added effect of piercing through enemies.
In contrast to most non-explosive weapons, it is possible for a player firing the Sandgun to hit themselves and cause damage. Falling sand will also cause damage to any and all players.
Its best 修饰语 is 虚幻.
- The Sandgun can often create sandy messes, and can also block the player from being able to land another hit on an enemy. Using it to fight enemies can become difficult.
- The falling sand block can't land on various things, like Saplings and 矿车轨道s. Instead, the Sand Block disappears.
- The cost of 重铸 is surprisingly low, despite all the hard work required to craft it.
- The Sandgun is affected by boosts that reduce ammo usage, making it possible to create more sand than what was used as ammo. Items to consider using are the 星旋胸甲, 蘑菇矿胸甲, 叶绿头盔, 神圣盔甲 (with the Hallowed Helmet), 死灵盔甲, 弹药箱, 弹药储备药水, and () 泰坦盔甲 (including the individual set pieces).
- The Sandgun is incredibly strong for when it can be obtained, outperforming the 凤凰爆破枪 in raw damage. However, the resulting sand can impede the player. Consider using a 羽落药水 and shooting downwards to avoid the resulting sand.
- Because of this, using the Sandgun to fight against the 血肉墙 can be effective because the boss forces the player to continually move away. However, fallen sand can disrupt placed stairs, meaning a hell bridge made of platforms might have to be repaired after the battle.
- While regular sand can only hit one enemy before falling, the falling sand ball will deal considerable damage to enemies it strikes as it falls.
- It can function as a more reliable (albeit slower to spread) version of Thrown Water due to its ability to shoot sand of all types.
- The ability to place sand can be useful in blocking tunnels or filling lava-filled gaps from a distance.
- Shooting the Gun downward while on the ground will cause the player to automatically rise one block. This can be handy in reaching 太空 with low effort.
- The Sandgun resembles the 非法枪械部件 that are used to craft it. This is because when the Sandgun was introduced, it was the only item to use Illegal Gun Parts in its recipe.
- The Sandgun is the only weapon crafted at a 熔炉.
- 1.1：Damage and firing speed improved from 10 and 19 to 30 and 15, respectively, can now fire 珍珠沙 and 黑檀沙块s.