The 星细胞 is a 困难模式, post-石巨人 敌怪 spawned by the 星尘柱 during the 月亮事件. It floats slowly towards the player, but can move at a faster rate if the player begins moving away from it.
Upon death, it splits into smaller versions of itself. If these small Star Cells are not dealt with, they will grow into a full sized Star Cell, that can also split into smaller Star Cells. It is advised that you deal with the small Star Cells if you destroy the big ones.
Both Star Cell types are immune to the 困惑 减益.
- It may be to the player's advantage to leave the smaller Star Cells alive, since once they reach full size they can be destroyed to contribute to the breakdown of the Stardust Pillar's shield, and increase the kill count towards the 旗帜.
- The 日耀喷发剑 will kill a Star Cell and all the smaller cells it spawns in a single strike.
- They are a very effective enemy to farm to bring down the Stardust Pillar's shield.
- The 吸血鬼刀 are a very effective weapon against Star Cells, hitting multiple copies of the enemy while healing the player for each hit.
- The 猪鲨链球 can also be very effective. Due to the fact that it can summon lots of homing bubbles in a short amount of time, it can easily take out the small star cells that the star cell splits into.
- Use weapons with a large area of effect, as they tend to appear in clusters and you can hit them all at once.
- The 狱火叉, 星云奥秘, and 喜庆弹射器 perform outstandingly well against these enemies.
- The 空中祸害 can be good for taking out the Star Cells as it will kill the cells and then the arrow clusters from the Aerial Bane will kill the Small Star Cells.
- As the 星尘柱 itself spawns Star Cells, staying away from it will greatly reduce their spawn rate.
- Despite the existence of the 小星细胞法杖旗, the small Star Cell does not have a kill count, and cannot drop a banner which makes it an unobtainable item. The banner can be obtained through inventory or world editors, but it will not grant a buff when placed. The 星细胞法杖旗's buff applies to both enemies.
- The maximum amount of Star Cells and Small Star Cells spawned through their splits is ten.
- Supposedly, they are "corrupted" or "diseased cells" from the tooltip of the 星尘细胞法杖 saying: "Cultivate the most beautiful cellular infection".
- In real life, living cells divide into two identical copies of themselves via Mitosis. Each of these copies can then grow and divide again, similar to the Star Cells. However, real cells split normally and are killed completely, while star cells only split when the player attacks them.