The 战术霰弹枪 is a 困难模式, post-世纪之花 远程武器. It is an upgraded version of the 霰弹枪, auto-firing six spread shots per 子弹 consumed (against the Shotgun's four), for a possible combined base damage of 174 per bullet spent (not including bullet damage stats which are then added). It has a 7.64% / 11.46% (1/13 / 1/9) chance to drop from 骷髅特警s in the post-Plantera 地牢.
Its best 修饰语 is 虚幻.
A player firing the Tactical Shotgun
- The Tactical Shotgun's wide spread, high 击退, and numerous projectiles make it effective at crowd control.
- Against single targets such as Bosses, 叶绿弹s negate the Tactical Shotgun's inaccuracy at long range.
- When using 叶绿弹s, most or all of the shots will hit causing a lot more damage but with only using one bullet . This method is more effective than the 巨兽鲨 or Clockwork Assault Rifle as the 巨兽鲨 shoots about 2 shots per bullet vs 6 shots for 1 bullet with the added bonus of having more 伤害 per shot. The Clockwork Assault Rifle shoots 3 bullets vs 6 bullets (They also do more damage per shot). Paired they can destroy most 困难模式 敌怪 and quickly farm Bosses with ease.
- It is unadvisable to use this weapon with 流星弹s or any kind of piercing ammo against single targets. The bullets' piercing damage will cause the target to become invulnerable for a few frames, which means only one bullet will hit.
- 水晶子弹 is highly recommended for crowd control since it creates 3 shards, each with 60% damage of its origin, creating 18 shards per shot.
- Despite appearing to have a scope, the Tactical Shotgun has no inherent Scope-like zoom capability without the use of an added Scope 配饰.
- While the Tactical Shotgun is fully automatic, the 骷髅特警 enemy that drops it seems to wield a significantly slower, semi-automatic version.
- Despite being fully automatic, it still fires rather slowly.
- The Tactical Shotgun appears to be a different gun than what the 骷髅特警 uses.
- The Tactical Shotgun bears similarity to the 霰弹枪, but slightly longer and with a scope, drum magazine and foregrip.