Giant glowing mushrooms are similar to 树, but grow randomly in 蘑菇生物群落s when enough space exists. They can be chopped down with an 斧头, which yields 发光蘑菇s and, less often, 蘑菇草种子. Giant glowing mushrooms also give off light, similar to 蘑菇草 and Glowing Mushrooms.
Giant glowing mushrooms grown in surface and underground biomes each have distinct graphics: Underground versions grow with plain, straight stalks, while Surface versions can display more complex branch formations.
They have similar requirements as trees:
- The ceiling must be at least 16 tiles above the floor.
- There must be no wall right on top of the floor for them to spawn, but there can be wall behind the floor and from 1 tile above it.
- They will grow only when there's a flat patch of 5 blocks.
- They will grow at least 2 tiles from each other.
- Although in changelogs these have been referred to as Giant glowing mushrooms, or simply Giant mushrooms, in the source code they are referred to as Mushroom Trees.
Giant glowing mushrooms growing underground (no branches).
|Surface giant mushrooms with branches.
- 1.2：No longer need to be grown underground; can now grow above surface level.
- 1.0.5：Giant glowing mushrooms will now grow back over time. They now grow dynamically on 蘑菇草, instead of only spawning during world generation.