Land Mines are unique 困难模式, post-世纪之花 placed items. They remain dormant once placed, until a character touches them or they are activated by 电线, at which point they explode, dealing 250 damage. They are purchased from the 爆破专家 for 5 each, after Plantera and at least one 海盗入侵 have been defeated. In the 主机版, Land Mines can be purchased before Plantera is defeated, but only at 夜晚; once Plantera is defeated, they will be available at all times.
- Land Mine explosions do not damage placed 物块s or 墙s.
- NPCs can trigger Land Mines.
- Not to be confused with the mines placed by the 感应雷发射器, which uses 火箭s purchased from the 机器侠 as ammo.
- A 压力板 wired to 炸药 may be more effective during PvP, since it is not as visible.
- Since the mobile version doesn't have a housing menu, Land Mines are useful for moving NPCs to different houses (NPCs sell different items in different biomes).
- Land Mines can be used as a way to kill (and collect drops from) friendly NPCs.
- In singleplayer, if a 软核 character is killed by a Land Mine, they will not drop money on death. This is because it counts it as a PvP death (also true for 狱炎箭s and 爆炸子弹s).
- The Land Mine's texture is a reference to "Worms", a series of video games created by Team17.