The Conveyor Belt (Clockwise & Counter Clockwise) is a Hardmode block that is purchased from the Steampunker for 5 . It can move NPCs, items, and players, but not enemies.
The Conveyor Belt will remain activated from the moment it is placed. Although it doesn't require any wire, it can be wired to reverse the direction. Like most blocks, they can be shaped into half-blocks and angled slopes using a Hammer, allowing for diagonal movement. The Conveyor Belt moves any valid entity approximately 13 mph and can only be calculated with a Stopwatch while walking into solid objects.
- The Conveyor Belt can be used to push NPCs into Traps.
- The Conveyor Belt can be used to create escalators and treadmills.
- Since Wire costs as much as Conveyor Belts, it's more cost efficient (while less time efficient) to purchase Conveyor Belts instead of Teleporters (which must be connected with wire).
- However, lots of wire can be harvested from naturally occurring traps for the cost of nothing more than a single wire cutter.
- One could combine the Conveyor Belt with an arena setup and effectively farm Events with a high DPS magic weapon. First, you would have to have a large amount of Conveyor Belts, an upwards diagonal escalator wherever it is you decide to stand. Then create a Mana Star farm which can continuously produce Mana Stars (thereby voiding the use of the Mana Flower and the Mana Sickness debuff). You will also receive Mana Stars from the enemies to constantly supply you with ample amounts of Mana. Next, prepare a full Mage load out, with Menacing, or Lucky for accessory modifiers, and ideally Nebula armor. The weapon of choice is the Last Prism with a Demonic modifier. If such an arena is needed prior to the Moon Lord, one may find success with the Spectre Armor (damage variable) (or highest tier Magic Damage set available), and high DPS, piercing AoE weapon, such as the Razorblade Typhoon or Nebula Arcanum.